On 07 May 2020, NextCure, Inc. (NASDAQ: NXTC) stock observed trading -68.95% off 52-week high price. On the other end, the stock has been noted 144.16% away from low price over the last 52-weeks. The stock disclosed a move of -8.78% away from 50 day moving average and -13.13% away from 200 day moving average. Moving closer, we can see that shares have been trading -5.39% off 20-day moving average. It has market cap of $898.11M.
NextCure, Inc. (NXTC) recently stated fourth quarter and full year 2019 financial results and provided a business update.
Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Full Year Ended December 31, 2019
- Cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities, not including restricted cash, as of December 31, 2019 were $334.6M, contrast to $135.2M as of December 31, 2018. This increase was primarily Because of $238.4M net proceeds from public offerings partially offset by cash used to fund operations of $35.6M.
- Revenue from research and development arrangement was $2.0M and $6.3M for the three months and the full year ended December 31, 2019, respectively. We had no revenue in 2018. All revenue was generated from our contract with Eli Lilly (Lilly), which was terminated by Lilly effective March 3, 2020.
- Research and development expenses were $11.4M and $34.2M for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2019, respectively, as contrast to $6.3M and $19.8M for the comparable periods in 2018, respectively. The increases primarily reflect a growth in headcount, NC318 clinical research costs, lab supplies and services for NC318 and our other early stage programs and discovery activities, as well as, in the case of the increase for the full year ended December 31, 2019, a one-time license payment in connection with our IPO in the quarter ended June 30, 2019.
- General and administrative expenses were $2.6M and $9.6M for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2019, respectively, as contrast to $0.8M and $3.4M, respectively, for the comparable periods in 2018. The increases were primarily related to increases in professional fees and insurance costs in connection with becoming a publicly traded company, as well as growth in headcount and, in the case of the increase for the full year ended December 31, 2019, an unrestricted gift to an academic lab in the quarter ended June 30, 2019.
- Net loss was $10.9M for the fourth quarter of 2019 and $33.7M for the year ended December 31, 2019, as contrast to $6.9M and $22.8M, respectively, for the comparable periods in 2018.
The USA based company NextCure, Inc. moved with change of -1.88% to $33.84 with the total traded volume of 131217 shares in recent session versus to an average volume of 220.43K. NXTC’s shares are at -25.13% for the quarter. The average volatility for the week and month was at 7.54% and 8.04% respectively.